For the visually inclined and informal types (like me), check out the mind map (click it download a .PDF version).
I am both awestruck and ashamed by the courage of the new generation of people standing up for the future of the Earth:
- Greta Thunberg (#ClimateStrike) , really hit home. A diminutive 15 year old young woman standing up at a conference of world leaders and telling them how it is. There are now leagues of “children” standing up all around the world and demanding action. Amazing.
- The rationality of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (#GreenNewDeal) calling out the old money politicians in the USA.
- More amazing people associated with those, and other, movements such as #ExtinctionRebellion.
However, whilst withdrawing labour and attention is the penultimate act of the marginalised, disenfranchised, neglected and downright abused, it is not a worthy ambition for those of us in leadership positions or with other forms of power.
WE need to:
- Stand up and lead for the future of the Earth and humanity
- Encourage those around us to voice their opinions and engage constructively
- Look to the future and innovate
- Demand proper leadership from others in leadership positions
Short term change, and associated long term changes, must come from many people rising up and taking strong steps towards a better future.
Real leaders need to provide alternatives for the less leadership inclined to focus their attention and on which to spend their time and money.
I am starting the #FridayClimateWork movement to support the taking of action steps by people disappointed with government leadership. Our key objectives are:
- Provide information in an easily digestible format to enable people to make better choices about the organisations from which they buy products
- Provide clear action steps for people concerned about Climate Change primarily using graphics and videos via website/phone app
- Encourage workplaces to allocate a small block of time each week for staff to collaborate and take action on Climate Change
- Encourage members and the general community to make active choices to transfer wealth back from bad corporate citizens
The broad plan is to create a “Not For Profit” organisation to manage staff, funds and develop systems and media campaigns to develop and pursue the elements of the attached mind map.
I generally think I can do these things myself, however I may need a little help on this one….
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
- Sharing this via your social media contacts
- Following on:
- Twitter – @FridayClimateWork
- Other platforms to come!
- Discuss with your family, friends and colleagues
- Donating to my kickstarter campaign
16 February 2019